PUBLIC NOTICE: Board of Revision
Posted: September 16, 2016
Notice is hereby given that the Assessment Rolls of the Rural Municipality of East St. Paul for the year 2017 are on file at the Municipal Office, 1-3021 Bird’s Hill Road, East St. Paul, Manitoba. Anyone who wishes to inspect the Assessment Rolls may do so during regular office hours.
The Board of Revision will sit to hear complaints and revise the said Rolls at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 13, 2016, at the Council Chambers in the Municipal Office.
According to Section 42(1) of The Municipal Assessment Act, a person in whose name property has been assessed, a mortgagee in possession of property under subsection 114(1) of The Real Property Act, an occupier of premises who is required under the terms of a lease to pay the taxes on the property, or the assessor may make application for the revision of an assessment roll with respect to:
- liability to taxation;
- amount of an assessed value;
- classification of property; or
- a refusal by an assessor to amend the assessment roll under subsection 13(2).
- be made in writing;
- set out the roll number and legal description of the assessable property for which a revision is sought;
- state the grounds on which the application is based; and
- be filed by:
- delivering it or causing it to be delivered to the office indicated in the public notice given under subsection 41(2), or
- serving it upon the secretary, at least 15 days before the scheduled sitting date of the board as indicated in the public notice.
Written applications to appear before the Board of Revision shall be sent to the Rural Municipality of East St. Paul, 1-3021 Bird’s Hill Road, East St. Paul, Manitoba, R2E 1A7. Applications must be received at the office on or before September 27, 2016.
Dated at East St. Paul, Manitoba, this 15th day of September, 2016.
Rhiana Carlson, C.M.M.A.
Board of Revision
R.M. of East St. Paul
1-3021 Bird’s Hill Road
East St. Paul MB R2E 1A7