View Notices | Archived Notices
Employment opportunity - Outdoor Rink Attendant
Posted: November 9, 2015
The RM of East St Paul is recruiting for two Outdoor Rink Attendants for the upcoming season. The East St Paul outdoor rink weekend hours will be 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday, therefore 12 hours per week. There will be two rink attendants who will split the 12 hours that the rink is open on Saturday and Sunday.
Job Type: seasonal, weekends
Salary: $12.82/hr – $16.02/hr (as per CUPE)
Closing Date: until filled
The incumbent will be responsible to perform various tasks for the operation and maintenance of the Outdoor Rinks such as using the ice resurfacers for flooding and cleaning off snow. Caretaking duties including the cleaning and mopping of the community club building and washrooms. The incumbent will also be responsible for providing supervision of community buildings when used by the public and for opening and closing of the building.
- Minimum of 18 years old with a high school diploma.
- Experience in basic maintenance of equipment is required.
- Experience in the operation of ice resurfacing equipment would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience dealing with members of the public and various other stakeholders in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and also effectively in a small team environment.
- Ability to work specific shifts as assigned.
- A valid, unrestricted Manitoba Driver's license.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registration Check are required.
R.M. of East St. Paul
1-3021 Birds Hill Road
East St. Paul, MB R2E 1A7
Applications are also available at the Administration Office at 1-3021 Birds Hill Rd.
The R.M of East St. Paul thanks all candidates for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.