Local Notices

View Notices  |  Archived Notices

Visit Springfield on Sunday and take in a bit of East St. Paul's history

Posted: August 24, 2018


Visit Springfield on Sunday and take in
a bit of East St. Paul's history


This Sunday, Mayor Shelley Hart was invited to be a guest at the Cooks Creek Heritage Museum’s Annual Heritage Day in Springfield.  Mayor Hart was invited in honour of the recent opening of East St. Paul’s Centennial Plaza, which marks our 100th anniversary, and in recognition that a significant piece of our history resides at the Museum. 

In 1909, D.T. Reid’s Blacksmith Shop was built in East St. Paul at the corner of Birds Hill Road and Roseneath Avenue by Mr. David Taylor Reid. Those needing horses shod or a new sleigh runner built looked no further than Reid’s.  In 1986, David’s grandson Alf approached the Cooks Creek Heritage Museum and found a lasting home for the building, its contents, and its history.  This Sunday you can tour the blacksmith shop and take in live demonstrations from a bygone era.   
 
 
 

 

 

Copyright © 2014 Rural Municipality of East St. Paul   Website by: MunicipalWebsites.ca